Owensboro Municipal Utilities (“OMU”) is the largest municipal electric and water system in the state of Kentucky. OMU previously shared a document repository with City of Owensboro, but outgrew what the existing Laserfiche® and IBM® Content Manager OnDemand systems could effectively support. OMU sought a document management system that was scalable, could integrate with their Cogsdale® Billing and Financial Management System and had numerous successful implementations with utilities under its belt. They found that and more in the FileNexus® Document Management System.
“When we do a search with FileNexus®, we get relevant results instantly. Our old system lacked the speed FileNexus® has.”
Louisa Coons, OMU Customer Service Representative and Imaging Specialist
Owensboro Municipal Utilities
- A Secure and Manageable Archive – two old document management systems replaced, with over 9 million legacy records archived, including all customer records going forward.
- Faster Customer Resolutions – Customer Service Representatives given immediate access to customer account information, vastly reducing customer wait times.
- Integration with Existing Applications – seamless compatibility with existing billing and financial management software.
OMU had over 9 million records stored in their two previous document management systems that needed to be archived to FileNexus®. The FileNexus® team worked with OMU to get millions of records captured, indexed and archived to the System. After implementing FileNexus®, users found flexibility in searches and relevant results FAST – features the old systems lacked.
“From an IT perspective, I see FileNexus® as a great solution for people that are document intense and who need quick access. The team at Loris has been a great partner.”
Terry Horn, IT Manager
Owensboro Municipal Utilities
Since deploying FileNexus® to the customer service department, OMU archives over 52,000 new customer statements and notices per month. Additional customer related documents, including new service contracts, service orders, deposit information, customer identification and historical reports, are also archived and managed by the System.
• Direct links are being established between Cogsdale and FileNexus® that will allow users to retrieve records stored in FileNexus® directly through the Cogsdale user screen – no FileNexus® login required.
• Reports from Microsoft® Dynamics GP (formerly Great Plains) will be printed electronically to FileNexus® where they will be captured, archived, and managed – with automatic e-distribution to all appropriate staff and key stakeholders.
• OMU has plans to roll out FileNexus® to their Finance, Accounts Payable, Procurement, and Legal agreements.
For more information about Owensboro Municipal Utilities, KY please visit their website at www.omu.org
For more information about Cogsdale, please visit their website at www.cogsdale.com
The FileNexus® Enterprise Document Management System gives organizations, both large and small, the ability to capture virtually any type of document from any source (i.e. paper records such as maps, drawings, manuals, electronic files such as host generated reports, client statement streams, IVR recordings, etc.), index and compress them for secure archival and future recall—providing a single cohesive repository for all document management, workflow, archival and business continuity needs. Simple to use and learn, FileNexus® is designed to take advantage of existing infrastructure, minimizing project costs and reducing both IT and user training requirements.
For more information on how FileNexus® can improve your business efficiency, please visit www.filenexus.com, or write to email@example.com.